Latest Event Updates
Hello Everyone! Please save the date for Celebrate Silas 2018– Sunday, March 4th. Registration will open on Monday, December 4th. Hope to see you there!
Hello Everyone! Please save the date for Celebrate Silas 2017– Sunday, March 5th. Registration will open on Monday, December 5th. I am looking forward to seeing everyone again this year!
Holly Pruett and the Death Talk Project are producing a Grief Song Ceremony on May 1st in Camas, WA. It looks like a lovely event. Thought I would help spread the word!
I want to take the opportunity to thank everyone who has already signed up to join us. We currently have 149 in person participants, 23 in spirit and we have raised $9,061 for The Dougy Center. This could be our biggest year yet! If you have not yet signed up to join us, we would really appreciate your support. Online registration closes Friday, March 4th at 4pm. Please join us today!
I had the privilege of recording a podcast with Jana DeCristofaro of The Dougy Center. We discussed ways to handle birthdays and death anniversaries. I got to promote Celebrate Silas! The link is below in case you care to listen.
Hello Friends of Celebrate Silas!
If you feel like you would like some help training up for our event (or another competitive 5k, or longer distance), I would like to let you know about this opportunity from Foot Traffic. Foot Traffic has a training program called Foot Traffic University and in support of Celebrate Silas, Foot Traffic will kick back 25% of the registration cost to The Dougy Center on any registration using the code “SILAS5K”. You get a supportive training program and The Dougy Center gets a donation in Silas’ name. Below is some information about Foot Traffic University.
One of Portland\’s largest and most BEGINNER-FRIENDLY training programs with over 200 members.
- Training programs for 5k, 10k, half marathon, or full marathon distances!
- The OFFICIAL full marathon training program for the Portland Marathon!
- Meets most Saturdays at a variety of rotating Portland-area locations!
- Coaches for walkers and joggers and pace mentors for ALL abilities (yes, even yours!)
- Multiple pace groups for a walk/jog combination!
- Weekly emails & workout schedules!
- Saturday morning group workouts & scenic, marked courses!
- Injury, nutrition, workout advice, training principles and more!
- Includes tech-fabric member shirt, free socks, exclusive discounts & more!
- Fun, informative, safe, and motivating!
Our kickoff day of Session One is FREE to anyone! Join us on January 30th, 8AM, at the SOUTHEAST Foot Traffic store (7718 SE 13th) to see what Foot Traffic University is all about. Don’t forget to bring your friends, family, or co-workers with you!
Thanks and I look forward to seeing you in about 6 weeks!